Our projects are established based on the interests of our volunteers and are always open to change. Our current activities include the following:
- Active age Crouch End – Based in Crouch End trying to get people together with activities, many of which are to do with food.
- Edgware Hospital Neuro-Rehab Centre – Our quiz and coffee gatherings afford these stroke sufferers some welcome respite and entertainment.
- INSPIRE+ – Retirement homes, sheltered accommodation and nursing homes are the venues we work within to provide interaction, engagement and activities to groups of residents.
- Keeping in Touch – A weekly telephone call reaching out to housebound and lonely individuals can make a world of difference.
- Knitting Groups and Home Knitting – The social environment of a knitting group gives as much satisfaction as the provision of blankets and other knitted goods to those in need.
- One-to-One – This project provides for people who do not necessarily relish group activities but enjoy games such as chess, draughts, Scrabble and cribbage or simply a personal visit.
- Reading in Schools – Pairing volunteers with primary schools to provide one-to-one reading support to young children forms the core of this activity which can stretch to helping out with the school play and other classroom support.
- WWII Memories – This travelling project provides sessions of personal reminiscence about WWII to supplement school syllabuses and rekindle older memories.
020 8449 8225
|Friend in Need Community Centre
East Barnet Baptist Church
East Barnet EN4 8PS
|Registered Charity Number||1090701|